Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Most people who choose to make a New Year’s Resolution do so on around the beginning of a new year. Well, I am not like most people in that way (or maybe I am). I procrastinate. I work better that way. At least that’s my excuse! Besides, I don’t like long wordy resolutions-they seem more like punishment than anything else to me. I prefer short lists, phrases, or key words to jog my memory.


The past few years I have decided, like many others, to choose a word or short phrase that will remind me of what I want to work on for that year. Two years ago I chose “Be Still.” And it was amazing how God worked through me over that year to do just that and reflect on Him. It came at a pivotal point in my life. He knew. Then, last year I chose to “Be Intentional.” I wanted to really make sure what I said and did had purpose and meaning behind it. I am not sure how well I learned that lesson…

This year, after much prayer and thought, I decided on “CHOICE”- a word I use daily with my children. “Did you make a good choice?” “That was your choice, now here is the consequence,” etc. You get the picture. In 2010, I want to make better choices that are God honoring. I even went so far as to create an acronym to help me stay focused on my goals. I know, I know…I can be a bit OCD sometimes!

So here it is-my word (and acronym) for 2010:

                              C – Christlike


                              H – Humble


                              O – Obedient


                              I – Integrity


                              C – Consistent


                              E – Exercise

This year I strive to be more Christlike in all that I say and do. What exactly does that mean? Well I don’t know “exactly” what that means, but for me it means spending more time with God so I can get to know Him better. As I get to know Him better I pray I will think more like Christ, talk more like Christ and act more like Christ. I don’t have all of the answers (nor will I ever). But that’s what the journey of this year is, trying to figure out how I can CHOOSE to more Christlike.

2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.” (NLT) I would like to attach at least one verse to each of the words in CHOICE. I am praying for guidance here to find a verse or verses that really speak to what that term means. If you have suggestions, please send them my way. Then, I will commit to memorizing each verse and making them part of my daily life. Please, if anyone is reading this, hold me accountable. I DARE YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on it!

    Great idea btw. Choosing a word or phrase. Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Shenanigans

So what did you do on this beautiful, un-winter-like, day? Our family headed up to a shooting range on a friend's property and took turn...